Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dairy/Soy Free

After 6 weeks of this, we reached a point yesterday when we realized something just isn't right with our  beautiful baby boy. He wakes up crying in pain, doesn't nap during the day, doesn't sleep longer than 2 hours at night, he's SUPER gassy all.the.time, and screams in pain regularly.  Between Friday and Saturday he had to of cried for almost 20 hours.  This was the most heartbreaking, terrible thing to watch.  We had to take action now.

After receiving information from at least four other moms that went through the same thing, the drastic decision to start him on Nutramigen formula was made. He will not be nursing for up to 3 weeks while I clean my diet up and clear the dairy and soy from myself. It's heartbreaking to not be able to nurse right now, I actually miss this time with him.  I am looking forward to nursing again in a few weeks!

Blake is on a hypoallergenic formula called Nutramigen by Enfamil, the big guns for dairy and soy protein allergies.  It's the most foul smelling formula EVER.  It's so bad and strong.  It makes him smell.  It makes his poop smell so terrible.  It stains his clothes.  I miss breastfeeding more than I ever thought possible.  This stuff runs $23/can and we'll go through 2 cans a week.  Enfamil coupons/rebates/checks are accepted :-)  Wow, I need to get into the formula business.

The worst smelling thing EVER.  Our saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment