Saturday, October 8, 2011

Our journey...

So once we moved to Virginia and had some time to finally be a normal married couple I started catching "baby fever."  It wasn't until Christmas 2010 that I knew we were really ready to consider taking the plunge in 2011.   John and I weren't bored, but realized an addition to our family would be a good thing.  We were ready.

In January 2011 my Mirena IUD was removed.

I read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and signed up for the FertilityFriend.com service and started charting my basal temperatures every morning at 5am (due to my glorious work schedule).  Our bodies truly are amazing.  I learned a lot about me during this time.  We "officially" started trying in June.  We went into this journey knowing it could take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive.  Lo and behold, God had other plans...by August 2, 2011 we had our positive pregnancy test and the best HUGE secret to keep to ourselves until WE wanted to share!  Charting my basal temperatures allowed me to know I was pregnant before any test could tell...here is my positive chart from July 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment